Fall is here and again it’s still about the ‘back-to-school’ fashion while Fashion Weeks are strongly running the craziest shows for Spring Summer 2014. I love skirts and I’m extremely happy to see this clothing item super-in-trend for the coming fashion season. Time for you to get used to the pencil skirt, how fitting it is and graceful your silhouette will look in it. Wear it by the day and you will look like a professional gorgeous lady and wear it at night and it will be just sexy.
Going back in history, the pencil skirt has always been a staple item of clothing in most woman’s wardrobe, especially with Christian Dior who made it ICONIC in the late 1940s.
1. Go Casual with a Pencil Skirt: To create a casual look, you will have to pair your pencil skirt with textured fabrics: printed t-shirt, colored accessories, a scarf, a summer tank top, a bright yellow belt, a knit jumper, comfortable flats, etc. Imagine it with ballerina flats and an oversized jumper = We love!
2. Wear your Pencil Skirt to the Office: I’m talking here about the very tailored and sleek plain black/grey pencil skirt. Pair it with a fitted cotton shirt or blouse (in white or pastel colors for more femininity) that you will tuck in the waist. Add a tailor jacket and comfortable kitten heels.
3. You Pencil Skirt for a Night-out: A sexy top and stilettos! I would advise you to go for a sparkly gold or silver top, adding shimmer can be very nice. Complete it all with a big matching clutch, statement earrings and your high heels.
4. Style a Patterned Pencil Skirt: These skirts are ideal for a woman with a straight body shape as it would help them create an hourglass figure. Patterned skirts are to be worn for casual or evening outfits. Imagine a leopard print pencil skirt paired with a simple black blouse and patent black pumps, perfect for a date.
5. Style a Plain Pencil Skirt: The benefit of a plain pencil skirt is that one can choose to wear a plain top or a patterned and embroidered top wit it. You could really go wild when accessorizing a plain pencil skirt.
Here’s the latest episode on Duniati giving you my short tips on how to style a pencil skirt: