Today’s post is a special request from a reader that I found extremely interesting . I must admit that pregnancy fashion isn’t something I can develop in just a post but I’m going to try to go around the essentials!
The 4 mistakes women tend to do when pregnant:
1. Only checking maternity clothes’ stores: most women start going for stores that only sell maternity clothes while the key is to look for something that satisfies the style you love but also fits your body when pregnant.
2. Being too early/late buying maternity clothes: a major mistake to avoid! In order to be comfortable throughout your pregnancy, you have to gradually buy few pieces that fit your body as it changes.
3. Wearing too large clothes: that’s the worst you can do, avoid this trend that is also embodied in pregnancy “behavior”. Try to find clothes that gently fit your growing bump. Always try to give your body form and style.
4. Not pampering yourself: being pregnant doesn’t put a hold on your life,style, on the contrary, you have to keep doing the things that make you happy. Go shopping, try to walk if you can, get a manicure or a new haircut!
The 5 essential items of a pregnant woman’s closet:
1. Jeans: you need to find pieces with a stretchy, comfy waistband. It is also important to find something that will flatter your body: if you tend to gain the kilos in the lower body, then go for boot cut; if not, skinnies will continue to perfectly suit you.
2. Large pants: if you’re pregnant, you are lucky that they’re extremely in style lately! It’s important to invest in these as they’re so comfy and you can style them for casual and chic outings. They would look good with a t-shirt that fits your baby bump.
3. Skirts: if in stretch material, they’ll be great for you. Try to look for the ones with prints, they’re fresher and would look great with bold colored tops.
4. Dresses: whether a long maxi dress or a wrapped cotton dress; both would look perfect on you. Other fitting dresses that you accessorize well are the right choices for nights out!
5. Tops: if you’re upper body stays thin during pregnancy then try to go for figure-hugging tops to accentuate your bump. If not, empire-waist shirts are also a great look!
Pregnancy Fashion Trends for Spring Summer 2012:
1. Maxi Dresses: this is in my opinion, the hottest yet confortable trend to adopt for a pregnant lady! For those of you who have a flattering cleavages, then wear these dresses with denim jackets or light cardigans.
2. Tunic tops: Long tunic tops on pants or leggings are also perfect! You also have the choice between large ones and figure huggings others; depending on how your body changes during pregnancy.
3. Belts: Something most women forget during pregnancy! Pair your long tops with a belt, above or even below you growing bump; it will add a lot of style to your outfits.
4. Leggings: Everyone and almost all celebrities, from Jessica Alba to others paired dark leggings with tunic tops or short dresses. You can also wear a chocker or/and loads of bracelets to complete your look.
That’s all with the pregnancy tips for today and I hope they could help a little! Stay tuned for more from time to time!