I love interviews on L’Armoire De Lana, especially when I get the chance to talk to amazing ladies who are great examples of women empowerment. Emma Boutros is not only the founder of Poise Design, a Lebanese shoes and handbags’ brand, she’s also the owner of a wonderful boutique in Downtown Beirut. Pastel Creations boutique is the perfect address for the most singular fashion picks and the rarest vintage pieces. Read below to learn about Emma!
1) Good morning Emma. It’s good to have you on L’Armoire De Lana today. Let me start by asking you: how and when did you found POISE DESIGN?
Poise was founded in AUG 2011.
My plus size figure fueled my appreciation for beautiful shoes, and matching my diverse pairs to my mood became a daily routine that I would look forward to. They helped me overcome my insecurities. A pair of shoes would never betray you the way a pair of jeans does! My need for variety made me realize there weren’t nearly enough comfortable, trendy footwear in the Lebanese market, although it was bursting with local haute couture fashion designers.
2) Is there anything in particular that inspires you or is it different for every collection
My designs are fresh and young, inspired from the most delicious treat to the eye – desserts. For me, a dessert is a combination of ingredients that harmoniously come together to create an unforgettable feeling. It is the grand finale that has the power to make or break an entire meal, and its impact will last the longest.
3) Do you have a style icon? If yes, who and why?
Yes I sure do! It’s Brigitte Bardot.
Breathtakingly beautiful and explicitly sensual, her beauty is iconic. Her signature style I would say, was “chic-destroy.” She had this very feminine sensual look that she balanced with a simpler wardrobe.
4) What are you favorite trends for Fall Winter 2013?
I am personally a fan of wearable trends. Boyish coats, Low strapped ankle boots,
Knit Beanies and all Shades of Green to name a few!
5) How would you best describe your personal style?
Bold without being flamboyant, comfortable while still figure-flattering. We don’t all have the luxury of a size zero figure :). Being stylish when a plus size figure is sometimes tricky.
6) Do you read fashion blogs? (if yes, please specific which) Or are you more of a magazine person?
I definitely read fashion blogs.
Gary Pepper Girl/ Tavi Gevinson, Style Rookie/ Thassia Naves / Betty Autier / Chiara Ferragni / and yours of course.
7) Who are you favorite designers?
Valentino and Stefano Gabanna are my two all time favorites
In the Middle Eastern scene I totally love ASHI studios and Hussein bazaza’s work
8) Your favorite restaurant in Beirut?
9) Your favorite hangout place for coffee?
My office 🙂
10) Your favorite travel destinations?
Japan/ latin america
11) In your opinion what are the must-have items in a woman’s closet?
A little black dress/ an oversized sweater, a boyfriend jeans and a pair of kitten heels.
12) What’s the main advice you would give my blog’s readers?
Keep In mind that Fashion is just another accessory for someone with great style. You don’t have to look like walking billboards, branded from head to toes, looking all alike. Fashion can be bought, sure but style, style one must possess, its knowing who you are.
13) Last but not least, what are your future plans for POISE ? Could you reveal a little secret about your upcoming collection to L’Armoire De Lana’s readers?
We are in a period of expansion. Hopefully to new markets and new products.
Thank you Emma for your time!
I hope you all enjoyed this glimpse into Emma’s beautiful world. Stay tuned for more about Poise Design and Pastel Boutique very soon.
Visit the brand’s Facebook Page for more.