Good morning! I’m excited to finally share with you a part of the project I’m developing in collaboration with Fady Kataya in bringing to you all very interesting beauty tutorials.
The 1960s are one of this winter’s most important trends. The big hair, the baby doll look, the winged eyeliner, the prints, the colors, the candy hues; everything is out there for a trip back in time.
You might decide to go entirely 1960s as I did for today’s tutorial, or on the contrary, pick one element from this time frame that you just love and style the rest of your look around it.
Wondering how to master a very subtle 1960s makeup look?
Discover in the steps below:
1. Apply a primer, foundation then loose powder.
2. For your eyes, start with light eyeshadow all over your eye.
3. Then, use a darker brown in the middle of your eyes.
4. Use a little bit of grey eyeshadow to finish your eyes. Apply it very lightly all over your eyelids.
5. Carefully draw a slightly winged eyeliner, making sure you go for a shape that matches your face features. Make the eyeliner blend in with the eyeshadows by using a small brush.
6. Mix a peachy and a pink blush to give your skin a gorgeous glow, something very necessary during the winter season.
7. Slightly fill your eyebrows using a good kit (Fady Kataya recommends Midnight kit by Sephora)
8. Apply a nude pink lipstick (here Fady used “Snob” by MAC Cosmetics)
9. Last and favorite step is carefully applying mascara, taking your time and making sure you make your lashes look longer and fuller. You can add lashes for a more dramatic look.
I am wearing: a Mary Katrantzou printed dress from Boutique 1 (Beirut) & vintage Dior earrings (found in London).
Makeup: Fady Kataya
Photography: Carine Badr, Studio Gate 69
Can’t wait to share more beauty tutorials with you all. Make sure to send me your suggestions!