Everything vintage has been the trend for a while already. When we think vintage, old fabrics; we cannot but think of lace. This was particularly enhanced after the Alexander McQueen wedding dress of Kate Middleton. Everyone fell in love with lace again.
As I’ve recently wrote on the blog, this winter and for the coming seasons, it’s about chic, sensuous, romantic and mysterious looks. For that, all designers fell for delicate vintage-inspired lace. From Dolce&Gabanna to Topshop, from Alberta Ferretti to Helmut Lang, lace is everywhere.
You don’t have to panic. Lace is a very EASY trend to pull off. You just have to pay attention to few things:
1) Try to go for white, cream or beige rose dresses when you’re trying to adopt a very classy look.
2) If you’re looking for something more flirty and sensuous, I would tell you to go for black lace or any darker color; whether it’s long dress or a top that covers your neckline, this will depend on the occasion you have.
3) Try not to reveal too much when you’re wearing lace so proper “coverage” will be the key to always look very cute when wearing a sexy outfit.
4) Finally, it is interesting to wear pieces that mix lace with other fabrics and embellishments but for that, you will have to be extremely careful. You need to pick the right combinations.
5) Don’t forget that there are beautiful handbags and pairs of shoes party or fully made of lace; and these are amazing pieces to check out!! Some even go for lace nails; how crazy it that?
6) Try to look for lace leggings or any pair of tight pants entirely made of lace. This item will rock your wardrobe! Lace isn’t always about trying to bring out a romantic look.
We can go for hours talking about lace but let’s say that’s a quick wrap up to start off!