Ever since Jeremy Scott became the creative director of Moschino in 2013, he turned his haute couture dreams into reality, bringing his extremely creative and edgy ideas into high fashion.
This time, for Spring Summer 2018, Scott reinterpreted the life of a rock’ n roll ballerina, with a tutu-focused collection and an invitation stuck inside an actual ballet shoe.
“The novice becomes the prima ballerina. The seed becomes the flower. The caterpillar becomes the butterfly. There’s a metamorphosis going on”
- These pieces are Scott’s wildest imaginations fulfilled, where he turned haute couture into performance costumes, from the rocker/ballerina style with the biker jacket, leather boots, fishnets and studded accessories, to finishing the collection with ball gowns inspired by the bouquets thrown on stage at ballerinas during their final bow.
- The makeup theme was “What a Cute Boy” based on the ballerina/biker style, with short hair, dark eyebrows, eyeliner, fake lashes and a brown lip liner, finished by the amazing Tom Pecheux for MAC Cosmetics.
- The runway was ornamented with famous models like Anna Cleveland & Taylor Hill, who became theatrically walking flowers with giant overlapping leaves, in stunning vivid colors, from pink to red, green, yellow and all mother nature’s beautiful hues. And of course the new Fashion star, Kaia Gerber, we can’t resist her.
- Gigi Hadid & Joan Smalls were dressed as human flower bouquets, complete with love notes – a synthesizer version of Vivaldi’s L’Hiver rushing them ceremoniously along.
- At Moschino, what you see is what you get. And even though the pieces look effortless and carefree, Scott puts a lot of work to make the house of Moschino look like this.
“My legacy would be a smile,” Jeremy Said “If I could put a smile on someone’s face I think that’s a huge service to the world.”