Here’s an event that I very sadly missed last thursday October 25th at concept store 6:05. I think it’s the first event in Beirut entirely dedicated to men. Carlo Massoud played his best tunes while new items designed by Nada Debs, Karim Chaya, Krikor Jabotian, Georges Mohassed, Joanna Dahdah and Ahmad Daabas were exclusively released.
1. Ahmad Daabas: Founder and Editor-in-chief of AMDMode.com, Ahmad officially launched his collection of bow-ties for 6:05. Combining top quality leathers in matte finishing with spikes and studs, he brings in the perfect combination of vintage and bold-futuristic bow-ties. Just as note, I am getting the one in the middle this week!!!!
2. Joanna Dahdah: her designs have already been featured on the pages of Italian Vogue and she has even won “Best Newcomer” at this year’s London Jewelry Week. Her knowledge of materials is more than obvious when you look at her designs. I really like her work and you can find in her collections the perfect boyfriend gift!
3. Georges Mohasseb: Architect and designer for over 11 years, he has also created exclusive items for this event!
4. Krikor Jabotian: First, I have to say that he is one of my favorite rising designers in Lebanon! His “Rococo” clogs, designed for 6:05 are based on the idea that many accessories should have the possibility of entering both a man and a woman closets.
4. Karim Chaaya: After graduating in Industrial design, he now teaches at ALBA and his designs and furniture have been praised and published in both local and international press (including le Figaro, Officiel Design, Interni and others). Check out his metal lamps below! I can bet they will leave any stylish man out there in awe!
5. Nada Debs: Nada always uses Arab heritage to translate it into her very modern designs. Created especially for 6:05, her cigar box is the perfect piece for a powerful man who already has it all.
I have to say that I hope other events of this sort will be organized again for men fashion. Chapeau bas to 6:05 for this great selection of designers and all of these exclusive pieces. Try to drop by their store this week! It’s what I’m planning to do the soonest!
Pictures’ courtesy: 6:05 Facebook Page