Contribution by: Cerina El Sahely
I always say that the key for major weight loss is to combine a well-structured diet and a regular number of hours of exercising. However, some of us never find the incentives to just get out of bed and head to the gym. Here’s a post for those of you who are looking for few tips on how to lose a couple of kilos without getting on the treadmill!
- Always start a meal with a glass of water: feel fuller instantly, which can help you from overeating.
- Make a few simple swaps at every meal: Going for a vinaigrette dressing instead fatty heavy dressing at lunch can save you 80 calories, while opting for fresh fruit instead of dried can save you dozens as well.
- Have a piece of dark chocolate for dessert. You will be saving calories.
- If you want to lose weight, sticking to the right portions at every meal is important.
- Move more: you can burn a few extra calories by making an effort to move a little more during the day.
- Don’t drink your calories: morning juice can really add up. Stick to water.
- Don’t go hungry too long: starving yourself all day in order to have dessert at night is unhealthy. Eat well-timed meals and snacks in order to avoid low blood sugar levels that cause you to crash (glycemic index).
- Snack on high-protein, high-fiber foods.
- Eat a light, early dinner. Eating too much too late can cause digestion and sleep issues that make it hard to stick to a healthy routine.
- Get more sleep. Lack of sleep can cause you to eat more throughout the day and not have enough energy for your workouts.
That’s it for today. Await my contribution next week. Meanwhile, drop me an email on [email protected] if you have any question/inquiry.