Fresh news for those of haven’t heard of it yet! For this Christmas, Harrods is preparing to install Disney Princesses windows with 10 gowns created by leading fashion designers. The best news of all of this is that Elie Saab is one of them.
I’m a Disney princesses fanatic so imagine my excitement, especially considering the participation of the greatest of all Lebanese designers. It’s just amazing how proud he’s making us by the day, not to mention his latest breathtaking creation for the Luxembourg royal wedding. I guess designing Aurora’s dress wasn’t a problem after excelling with a real-life princess wedding gown.
Scroll down and discover the sketches of the dress designed by each designer to a specific princess. It’s not that I’m biased but you will agree with me that the Elie Saab one is the most beautiful one. Nevertheless, I have to say that I really liked each and every adaption because it’s something between the character’s and the brand’s identity.
1. Sleeping beauty by Elie Saab: such a graceful design for my favorite of all Disney princesses. The coincidence is just right!! The gown is in pale pink and embellished with scattered exquisite beading.
2. Cinderella by Versace, Ariel (The Little Mermaid) by Marchesa.
3. Mulan by Missoni, Rapunzel (Tangled) by Jenny Packham, Tiana (Princess and the frog) by Ralph & Russo.
4. Pocahontas by Roberto Cavalli, Princess Jasmin (Aladdin) by Escada.
5. Belle (Beauty and the Beast) by Valentino, Snow white by Oscar de la Renta.
I AM SO EXCITED 🙂 !! If you live in London, get ready to see the windows starting November 1st and share with us some pictures for L’Armoire De Lana.